Srinagar, Feb 10: Ahad Jan, the police constable who threw a shoe at Chief Minister Omar Abdullah  on August 15 last, has been dismissed from service.
Jan, who is currently in Jammu, said that the authorities had sent a dismiss order (no 37 of 2/ 2011 dated 19/1/2011) issued by DIG South Kashmir, to his home in Ajas Bandipora late Wednesday.
“For over one week now, I have been trying to get in touch with the chief minister because he had promised to reinstate me,” he said.
Notwithstanding promise by the chief minister, he said, “an order was darted to my residence which reads ‘dismissed from service with effect from 22-5-2010’,” Jan said.

On August 18 last year, Omar had called him to his residence here and gave him a patient hearing.
“Omar Abdullah during the meeting at his residence had promised me that all cases against me would be withdrawn and my service will be restored,” Jan said.
The cop, who police maintained is a mentally unfit, was released on Omar Abdullah’s order. (PBI)
 
Top